Sunday, July 24, 2011

So a Little Self-Promotion Doesn't Hurt


I'm rather pleased with sales of my book to date. As a matter of fact I've begun writing a second book, tentatively titled "From Flab to Fab!" It's a book dealing with exercise, eating and drinking properly and cutting a small amount of calories from daily intake in an attempt to lose weight.

I'm hoping that it does as well as "Crossing the Rainbow Bridge … Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go," although that book will always remain number one in my "book."

Speaking of "Crossing," I have now published it at Smashwords.com, precisely at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/73558 and I'm offering a 26% discount by using the code SSW25 at checkout. The list price is $9.99. It is not available in  paperback at that site. Download samples are also available.

Supported versions include the Kindle, epub, the Nook, Sony and more. It will also be available at Barnes and Noble as of next month.

If you haven't read it, this is your opportunity to get it at a reduced rate for your favorite "reader." The discount offer is good through July 31.

In addition, if you have a Web site, you can post a link to my Smashwords page and earn an 11% affiliate bonus for each book sold from your site.  Just post this link to get started: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/73558?ref=RobertScott

Current reviews (all 5-star) are a good sign that people are enjoying my work. Reviews are hard to come by. Asking some people to post one is like extracting teeth. See below for all 16 reviews to date:
5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 15, 2011
By 
Liz - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
This book was a really easy read and a total tear jerker! I would read a chapter, and cry, and have to put it down, and give my dogs a hug before going back to reading. As an animal lover, it really touched my heart, and I will remember this story always. It let's you truly appreciate your dog as your best friend. I know when the time comes for my dogs to go, I will think back to this book that gave me hope. 

I highly recommend this book to read, as it will touch anyones heart as it did to mine. Well done RJ!


5.0 out of 5 stars A "Touching Tail", June 29, 2011
By 
Leslie M. - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
This book was definitely a tearjerker. A book for any animal lover, although very sad it leaves you with the hope that you will one day join your own furry friends on the Rainbow Bridge. A short read, very to the point but touching at the same time.


5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming story, June 27, 2011
By 
Marvine E, Dethloff (PORT CHARLOTTE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
This book was a gift from a friend, who knows I come from a family of animal lovers. I thoroughly enjoyed the warm story, as it parallels each of our lives with ups and downs, good times and bad, celebrating the loyal friends we all enjoy so much. The scenes were so true to life, showing the warmth of a close family, and proving that the joy and comfort our pets bring us through the years greatly overshadows the sadness and heartache that comes at the end of their lives. 
This book is a quick read, requires a few tissues through the chapters, and would make a great gift for a fellow animal lover. I have purchased a few to share with family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimately Uplifting, June 16, 2011
By 
David C. Svatos (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
RJ's thoughtful short novel tells the story of a family's love for one another and how one little dog makes them whole. It gives us all hope that death does not separate us from loved ones. I read in one sitting and never put down. Well done RJ.


5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort in affirmation of one day being united again., June 14, 2011
By 
Julie Cenci - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
This book is spellbinding ...I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. Although this story was an easy read for me, its deep storyline emphasizes the unpredictability of life. Robert has created a wonderful tool to prepare ambivalent pet owners regarding when it is time to let go of an ailing or aging pet. Most readers will find comfort in the affirmation that they will one day be reunited with all those who have been lost and are held dear. With all the experience that Robert has in writing and editing for AOL, it is no surprise that he would produce a book of this quality. Great Job! When will the next book be out?

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing The Rainbow Bridge, Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go,May 22, 2011
By 
Amy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
As a dog lover who grew up with dogs and lost one of my big loves and best friend just a year ago, I was a bit anxious thinking about reading "Crossing the Rainbow Bridge" as I knew it would open old wounds. 

While very difficult to read certain parts, I found that Robert's story gently led me through and I was able to experience the joys of pet companionship on a new level. I laughed and I cried and felt more deeply connected to my dogs of the past and my current dog Kona than ever before. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a love for dogs, has suffered great loss or ever pondered what happens after we leave this physical life! Thank you Robert for this moving story ... here's to Lady! 

5.0 out of 5 stars A Validating and Essential Book, May 16, 2011
By 
HummingbirdMind - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
Described by others as a "quick and easy read," this book was neither quick nor easy, but it was an important and enjoyable read. As another said, it took me a while to finish it. I kept picking it up, reading a little -- grabbing for a tissue -- and then looking at my beloved, aging pets in a new way -- especially my late mother's Golden/Chesapeake Retriever mix, Lucy, who is preparing for her own crossing. This is not just a story of a family and it's dogs. If you pay attention you see that it is a story about the journey all of us share with our four legged friends. And, it is as much a book about humans as it is about our pets. It's packed with life's experiences and hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, Heart-warming, A Story of Faith & Love, May 14, 2011
By 
Cathleen Mccormick (Upstate SC) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
In Crossing the Rainbow Bridge, Robert Scott speaks to all of us. It's a story of love, joy, loss, sorrow, survival, and faith. Robert used his personal experience of losing a beloved pet to weave this story and create a lasting legacy in honor of his sweet dog, Lady. With this story he also left the rest of us a heart-warming story of how love and faith will carry us through all of life's challenges, loses, and grief. Who is this book for? Anyone who loves a good read. Anyone who loves their pets. Anyone who has struggled to keep going despite unbearable loss and grief. This is a lovely, good read -- enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant and Real...for Anyone Who's Loved and Lost, April 26, 2011
By 
Julia L. Wilkinson (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
"Crossing the Rainbow Bridge" tells the story of a young family and their loves and losses as the years go by. It deals with a delicate subject -- death -- with tenderness and sensitivity, and in a very "real" way. 

The book is a quick read and I got through it quickly, wanting to know what came next for Dan, Cathy and their little family. Anyone who has loved and lost a pet -- or indeed any living creature -- will be moved, and most likely, ultimately uplifted, by the novel. In a culture that shies away from dealing with death, I believe this book will be comforting and also enlightening for not only adults but young adults and teens as well. 

A Book for All Pet Lovers, April 11, 2011
By 
Cheryl "League for Animal Protection of Hunti... (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
RJ Scott is an amazing storyteller. This blend of reality and fiction is exactly what every pet owner needs. You can't go wrong with this book. It completely resonated with me. As a pet owner and as an animal rescue volunteer and advocate, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It should be on the bookshelf of every pet lover and in every library. Bravo and well done to the author!

5.0 out of 5 stars A++++, April 8, 2011
By 
Donna9331 "Donna" (Cincinnati Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
This book captivated me from the first page..."authors note" through the very last page. I read it in one sitting...couldn't put it down! 

It takes you through all the important events in a couples life...the good, the bad, loving, losing, and well, let's just say I won't spoil the ending for you, but just tell you that it ends the way ALL animal lovers hope for. If you're looking for a book that can show you the good in the bad, and in the end, ultimate happiness, this is the book for you. 

Buy it, you won't be sorry :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing the rainbow bridge, April 3, 2011
By 
Jeffrey F. Burnatowski "J. Burnatowski" (Pennsyvania) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
If you are dog lover and want a hearfelt book this is the one. Knowing the author and animal lover Robert Scott transforms his work for others to enjoy. The book has many twists and turns and ups and downs, and shows us how our pets will be a part of our lives forever. Best to you Bob! 

Jeff Burnatowski 

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing Rainbow Bridge by: Robert Scott, April 1, 2011
By 
Cheryl Graham - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
Wow, the book surprised me. I LOVED IT! Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll need to know what is happening next. Great Job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unconditional Love, March 31, 2011
By 
Patricia Manescu Becker - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
Wow! I could not put this book down. The joy, the sorrow and the joy....makes you realize what an impact our pets have on our lives. Life goes by so fast and taking time sharing it with someone special (who gives you unconditional love) is priceless. Great Job, well done RJ Scott.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, heartfelt, touching book - a must read for pet lovers!,March 23, 2011
By 
Morgan Bramlet (McLean, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge: Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Volume 1) (Paperback)
We cannot say enough great things about the touching and heartfelt new novel by tech pioneer and animal advocate Robert Scott. The story is one you won't soon forget, and leaves the reader with a profound and wonderful bittersweet memory. Anyone who has ever had a pet will LOVE this book, and should buy it immediately. Kudos to Mr. Scott for an incredible first novel! Well done! 

Best, 

Eileen and Morgan Bramlet 
Washington, DC

Kindle:
A Delicate Subject, July 14, 2011
By 
M. Shelto "Bocker the Labradoodle" (NY United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Kindle Edition)
A delicate subject on every pet owners mind. Written in a compassionate and heartwarming way. We all make our own decisions but this book helps us to understand and realize deep down inside what we decide is right. A heartfelt read whether a pet owner or not.


5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and Moving, May 1, 2011
By 
Pam Hilton - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge Your Pet: When It's Time to Let Go (Kindle Edition)
This is a heartwarming and very moving story about when it's time to let go, whether it's a pet or family member. The author writes with passion and compassion about the difficult decision one makes when a pet's quality of life deteriorates to the point when they're just "existing." I recommend this book to anyone with a pet.





No comments: